A carelessly tossed cigarette may be to blame for a fire at a restaurant in the Village at Blue Mountain.

The Blue Mountains Fire Department was called to Firehall Pizza Co. just after 3 a.m Sunday.

“The fire was basically coming out the side of the roof,” said Deputy Fire Chief A.J Lake.

Though the cause of the fire is not known, the Blue Mountains fire department have their speculations.

“We strongly suspect it was careless cigarette disposal,” said Lake. “We are sure it was started outside in a mulch garden.”

The fire department responded to another fire in a mulch garden earlier in the morning; in that case, the cause was determined to be a cigarette….read more

Many thanks to the reference for this article, written and released by the The Enterprise Bulletin.

Karena Walter. “Fire causes severe damage to Firehall Pizza Co.” The Enterprise Bulletin Website, Monday, July 23, 2012. Accessed August 17th 2012 www.theenterprisebulletin.com

Leave a Reply